Carnivore Meat Company Recalls Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Dog Food
February 24, 2018 – Carnivore Meat Company voluntarily recalls 73 cases of Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried Beef Nibblets Entree because of salmonella contamination.
Salmonella can affect animals eating the contaminated products and humans are also at risk when handling the products, especially if you don’t wash your hands thoroughly with soap afterward.
[View All Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
- Carnivore Meat Company of Green Bay, WI
No other products by this company are part of this voluntary recall so far.
What to do?
- If you have purchased the recalled product, stop feeding it to your pets, return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
- For further information, you may call the company at 920-370-6542
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is a risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever, and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus, you will also get access to our newsletter.