TruPet Voluntarily Recalls TruDog Pet Treats
February 24, 2018 – TruPet, LLC is voluntarily recalling certain “Treat Me Crunchy Beef Delight” pet treats due to salmonella contamination.
Salmonella can affect animals eating the contaminated products and humans are also at risk when handling the products, especially if you don’t wash your hands thoroughly with soap afterward.
[View All Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order
- TruPet, LLC of Milford, Ohio
- This recall is voluntary and the above listed is the only product that is affected.
- No illnesses related to this recall have been reported yet.
- The recall was initiated when Michigan Department of Agriculture collected a sample, which tested positive for salmonella.
What to do?
- If you have purchased the recalled products, stop feeding them to your pets, return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
- If you have any further questions you may contact the company at 1-800-476-8808.
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is a risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever, and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus, you will also get access to our newsletter.