Abady Highest Quality Maintenance & Growth Formula for Cats recalled by The Robert Abady Dog Food Co., LLC.[Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
Company: The Robert Abady Dog Food Co., LLC of Poughkeepsie, NY
Brands: Abady Highest Quality Maintenance & Growth Formula for Cats.
- 2 lb, 5 lb & 15 lb boxes of “Abady Highest Quality Maintenance & Growth Formula for Cats”
Possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
- The recalled “Highest Quality Maintenance & Growth Formula for Cats” were distributed nationwide in retail stores and through mail orders.
- The product comes in a 2 lb, 5 lb & 15 lb, corrugated boxes with plastic liners marked with lot # 14029/21 stamped on the right side top of the box.
- No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
- The potential for contamination was noted after routine testing by the company revealed the presence of Salmonella in some 2 lb, 5 lb & 15 lb boxes of “Abady Highest Quality Cat Maintenance & Growth Formula for Cats.”
- Production of the product has been suspended while FDA and the company continue their investigation as to the source of the problem.
What to do?
- Consumers who have purchased 2 lb, 5 lb & 15 lb boxes of “Abady Highest Quality Maintenance & Growth Formula for Cats” are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
- Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-845-473-1900, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm, ET.
- Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
Symptoms of salmonellosis often include:
- Sudden onset of fever
- Stomach cramps
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.