Limited Number Of Pro-Pet Dry Dog And Cat Foods (Hubbard Life, Joy, QC Plus) are being recalled due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
Company: Pro-Pet LLC, St. Marys, Ohio
[Click on the image to see a larger version]
- Hubbard Life Happy Hound Dog Food
- Hubbard Life Maintenance Dog Food
- Hubbard Life Cat Stars Cat Food
- Joy Combo Cat Food
- QC Plus Adult Dog Food
Why recalled? Possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
- This is a voluntary recall of a limited number of Dry Dog and Cat Foods for possible Salmonella contamination.
- A single field test indicated products manufactured during a two day period, on a single production line may have the potential for Salmonella contamination.
- There have been no reports of illness related to this product to date.
- The possibly contaminated products were distributed through select retailers, distributors and on-line consumer purchases in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and West Virginia.
- No other products/lot numbers are affected by this recall.
What to do?
- Customers should immediately discontinue use of any impacted product and contact Pro-Pet at 1-888-765-4190 for disposition.
- For more information on the recall, customers can contact the customer service line for Pro-Pet at 1-888-765-4190. Customer service representatives will be available Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm CT.
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
Symptoms of salmonellosis often include:
- Sudden onset of fever
- Stomach cramps
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.