September 25, 2015 – OC Raw Dog of Rancho Santa Margarita, CA is voluntarily recalling 640 lbs. of Chicken, Fish & Produce Raw Frozen Canine Formulation due to the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. There has been no illnesses reported to date related to this recall and no other OC Raw Dog manufactured products are affected.
Salmonella can affect animals eating the contaminated products and humans are also at risk after handling the products, especially if you don’t wash your hands thoroughly with soap afterwards.
- OC Raw Dog of Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
NOTE: Click on the picture to see all the photo labels of this recall.
- Chicken, Fish & Produce Raw Frozen Canine Formulation.
- This recall is limited to Chicken, Fish & Produce Raw Frozen Canine Formulations that were packaged into 6.5 lb. Doggie Dozen Patties, 4 lb. Doggie Sliders, and 3 lb. Meaty Rox with the lot number 1819, and use by date of 05/05/16. These codes can be checked on the bottom left corner of the back of the package.
Why recalled? possible Salmonella Contamination.
- There has been no illnesses reported to date related to this recall and no other OC Raw Dog manufactured products are affected.
- Recall is limited to one Canine Formulation of Chicken, Fish & Produce distributed to customers in 3 states – Colorado, Vermont and Pennsylvania.
- The presence of Salmonella was noted after testing a 3 lb. bag of “Chicken, Fish & Produce Raw Frozen Canine Formulations” Meaty Rox.
What to do?
- If you are in possession of this recalled product please submit a picture of the package with the lot number to Olivia@ocrawdog.com for verification.
- Either dispose of the product immediately or return the product to the retailer where you purchased it for a replacement product.
- Consumers with questions are advised to contact the company at 1-844-215-DOGS (3647) Monday thru Friday 9am – 4pm PST. If you get an automated answering system leave a message and they will get back to you.
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, including raw food, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.