December 31, 2014 – [Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
Company: Jump Your Bones, Inc.
- Roo Bites (Cubes) Pet Treats
The products affected by this recall ( dehydrated kangaroo meat) are identified with the following UPC codes:
63633010041 for 80g. / 2.82oz. including samples of .32 oz.
Why recalled? possible Salmonella Contamination.
- The affected lots were distributed to retail pet food stores nationwide and through pet food retailers/distributors. The affected products are also sold in online stores and boutique bags.
- This recall is being made with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- This is a voluntary recall and no pet or consumer illnesses have been reported to date from this product.
What to do?
- Consumers who have purchased the above product of Jump Your Bones, Inc. pet treats are urged to stop feeding them and return product to place of purchase for a full refund or dispose of them immediately.
- For further information about the recall please call (888) 249-6755 from Monday – Friday 9am – 5PM EST.
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.