Big Bark All Natural Beef Jerky Treats by Grill-Phoria recalled.
Company: Grill-Phoria LLC
- Big Bark All Natural Beef Jerky Treats
- Grill-Phoria LLC of Loveland, Colorado is recalling approximately 200, 3.5 oz bags of Big Bark All Natural Beef Jerky Treats.
Why recalled? possible Salmonella Contamination.
- No illnesses have been reported to date.
- These approximate 200 bags were distributed and manufactured between September 20, 2014 through January 2, 2015, and do not have lot codes.
- Big Bark All Natural Beef Jerky Treats for Dogs was distributed in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah and Oklahoma through Nor-Sky Pet Supply LLC and through independent pet stores.
- The product is under the Big Bark label and is in a standup pouch that is 3.5 oz in weight labeled as All Natural Beef Jerky Treat.
- The recall is a result of a routine sampling program by the Colorado Department of Agriculture which revealed that the finished product tested positive for Salmonella.
- Grill-Phoria has ceased the production and distribution of the product as the company continues their investigation as to what caused the problem.
What to do?
- Consumers who have purchased Big Bark All Natural Beef Jerky Treats for Dogs (3.5 oz Bag) are urged to return the bag to the store that you purchased it from and get a full refund.
- Consumers with questions may contact Grill-Phoria at between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (MST) Monday through Friday at 970-663-4561.
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.