January 20, 2015 – [All Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
Company: J.J. Fuds, Inc.
[Click on the image to see a larger version of the Labels]
- J. J. Fuds Premium Natural Blends, Chicken Tender Chunks.
The product can be identified by the batch ID code (manufactured date) and UPC code printed on the back of the individual plastic bag or on the master case label. This product is a frozen raw poultry product (see Safe Handling Instructions on package) and has a shelf life of one year if kept frozen.
The recalled product is as follows:
J. J. Fuds Premium Natural Blends, Chicken Tender Chunks
All 5 lb. bags with:
Product UPC Number: 654592-345935
Manufacture/Lot Code Date: 5/5/14
January 27, 2015
According to our sources, J.J. Fuds of Valparaiso, Indiana is expanding its dog food recall to include 2 more products due to contamination.
The following products have been added to the recall:
J.J. Fuds Duck Strips (2 ounce)
5 lb. bags
UPC #: 654592-345928
Lot Code Date: 5/7/14
J.J. Fuds Beef Strips (2 ounce)
10 lb. bags
UPC #: 654592-345751
Lot Code Date: 1/6/15
Why recalled? potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes
- The company has received no reports of human illness as a result of these products.
- The recalled product was distributed regionally in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Illinois to wholesale and retail customers.
- The recall was a result of a routine sampling program by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development resulting in a positive test for Listeria monocytogenes.
- The company has not received any reports of dogs experiencing nausea and diarrhea that may be associated with these specific products.
- J.J. Fuds, Inc. did immediately start working with distributors and retailers to properly dispose of any affected product left on freezer shelves.
- The company is also working with distributors and retailers to recall this product from pet owners to ensure the proper disposal of any affected product that has been purchased.
- J.J.Fuds issued this action out of an abundance of caution and sincerely regrets any inconvenience to pet owners.
What to do?
- The recalled product should not be sold or fed to pets.
- Pet owners who have the affected product at home should return to retailer for a refund and proper disposal.
- For further information or questions regarding this recall, please contact J.J. Fuds at jjfuds.com or by phone at 888-435-5873 Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM CST.
About Listeria monocytogenes:
- Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
- However, healthy cats and dogs rarely become sick from Listeria. Animals ill with Listeria will display symptoms similar to the ones listed above for humans.
- People who have concerns about whether their pet has Listeria should contact their veterinarian.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.