True Raw Choice Dehydrated Natural Pet Treats Recalled due to possible salmonella contamination.
Company: Your True Companion Pet Products
Brands: True Raw Choice Bulk Dehydrated Natural Pet Treats
- Duck Feet (Lot 228870)
- Duck Wings (Lot 213825)
- Chicken Feet (Lot 214733)
- Lamb Trachea (Lot 225215)
- Chicken Breast (Lot 154339)
Possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
- Total of 280 cases of possibly contaminated cases of these treats were sold in bulk at various stores across Canada.
- Even if the products may have been purchased in Canada, they may have also been carried home to pets across the United States.
- Check with your supplier for purchase information.
What to do?
- If you are unsure about the products you purchased, contact Your True Companion Pet Products at 855-260-5024
- If you live in Canada you can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
- If you live in the United States, you can report complaints about FDA regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area.
- Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.
Symptoms of salmonellosis often include:
- Sudden onset of fever
- Stomach cramps
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.