The Natural Dog Company, Inc. is recalling 12oz bags of 12″ Tremenda Sticks pet chews due to potential salmonella contamination. Salmonella can affect animals eating the contaminated products and humans are also at risk after handling the products, especially if you don’t wash your hands thoroughly with soap afterwards.[View All Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
- The Natural Dog Company, Inc. of Windsor, CO
NOTE: Click on the image for a larger view.
- Tremenda Sticks pet chews
- 12″ Tremenda Sticks, which comes in a 12oz bag without a lot number or expiration date with UPC number: 851265004957.
Why recalled? possible Salmonella Contamination.
- No illnesses have been reported so far due to this case of contaminated products.
- The recalled products were distributed to retail stores in the states of CA, CO, FL, IL, MO MT, NC, OH UT and WA.
- Products with new packaging, which this time around includes both a lot number and expiration date but the same UPC are not affected by this recall.
- The recall was issued after inspectors from Colorado Department of Agriculture found presence of salmonella in a sample of the above mentioned product.
What to do?
- If you have purchased the above mentioned product with the UPC number 851265004957, the company recommends that you discontinue using it immediately and dispose the product or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
- Consumers with questions are very welcome to contact the company at 1-888-424-4602; Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm MST.
- If you are a U.S. citizen, you can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or you can also go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.