This is the extension of a previous voluntary recall of PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food products due to the possible presence of a foreign material.[Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
Company: Mars Petcare US
Brands: PEDIGREE® Brand Adult Complete Nutrition for Dogs.
- This recall affects two packages sold in the United States only. No other PEDIGREE® products are affected, including any other variety of dry dog food, wet dog food or dog treats. The affected packages are:
- 55-pound bags of PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food sold at Sam’s Club. They have the lot code 432E1KKM03 printed on the back of the bag near the UPC and a Best Before date of 8/7/15. See below for a list of Sam’s Club stores.
- 15-pound bags of PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food sold at Dollar General stores. They have the lot code 432C1KKM03 printed on the back of the bag near the UPC and a Best Before date of 8/5/15. See below for a list of Dollar General stores.
|23100 10944||PEDIGREE® Brand Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food in 15 pound bags|
|23100 10731||PEDIGREE® Brand Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food in 55 pound bags|
Why recalled? due to the possible presence of foreign material – metal fragments.
- This is the extension of a previous voluntary recall of PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food products due to the possible presence of a foreign material.
- The voluntary recall still affects 22 bags shipped to Dollar General across four U.S. states.
- The recall now is being expanded to 55-pound bags of PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food products sold in Sam’s Club in Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.
- This recall is being expanded to Sam’s Club in the U.S. because some of the affected production lot was originally said to be held in inventory but was instead released to consumers, which has necessitated the expansion of the recall.
- Bags may contain small metal fragments, which could have entered the packages during the production process. The foreign material is not embedded in the food itself, but may present a risk of injury if consumed.
- Affected product would only have been sold in Dollar General Stores and Sam’s Club in these cities:
Affected 15-pound bags were sold between August 18 and August 30 at Dollar General stores in:
- Baton Rouge
Affected 55-pound bags were sold between August 14 and August 30 at Sam’s Club in:
- Comstock Park
What to do?
- Consumers who have purchased these affected product are encouraged to discard the food or return it to the retailer for a full refund or exchange.
- Even though there aren’t any reports of injury or illness associated with the affected product, products with the lot codes indicated above should not be sold or consumed.
- Consumers are encouraged to reach out to the company at 1-800-305-5206 from 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. CST if there are any questions.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.