April 17, 2017 – Party Animal Inc. recalls specific lots of its Cocolicious Canned Dog Food due to some varieties being tested positive for the euthanasia drug, pentobarbital.
This is another one of the pentobarbital contaminations we have seen in our pet’s food in recent months, leaving us wondering how safe is the food we feed our beloved pets.
Oral exposure to pentobarbital can cause side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, excitement, loss of balance, nausea, nystagmus (eyes moving back and forth in a jerky manner), inability to stand and coma.[View All Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
Company: Party Animal, Inc. of West Hollywood, CA
The recalled products are as follows:
- Cocolicious Chicken and Beef
Size: 12-ounce cans
Lot Number: 0134E15 237 13
Best By Date: August 2019
- Cocolicious Beef and Turkey
Size: 12-ounce cans
Lot Number: 0136E15204 04
Best By Date: July 2019
Why recalled? Due to potential pentobarbital contamination.
- The recall got initiated by the company when a retailer in Texas notified them about how a customer presented samples to a testing lab and the samples (Cocolicious Beef and Turkey Lot #0136E15204 04 and Cocolicious Chicken and Beef Lot #0134E15 237 13) had tested positive for pentobarbital.
- Here is the statement Party Animal, Inc posted on their website and Facebook page regarding the recall:
What to do?
- If you have purchased the recalled products or have any questions regarding the recall, you may contact the company by phone, 855-727-8926 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus, you will also get access to our newsletter.