February 16, 2018 – J. M. Smucker Company has initiated a voluntary recall of numerous cans of wet dog food due to the presence of low levels of euthanasia drug, pentobarbital.
Oral exposure to pentobarbital can cause side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, excitement, loss of balance, nausea, nystagmus (eyes moving back and forth in a jerky manner), inability to stand and coma.
- The J.M. Smucker Company of Orrville, Ohio
The recalled products include canned dog food from the following brands:
- Ol’ Roy
- Gravy Train
- Kibbles ‘N Bits
Impacted product only includes the following and No other products of The J.M. Smucker Company are affected by this recall.
UPC Item Code(s)
|Gravy Train 13.2 oz. with T-Bone Flavor Chunks||
|Gravy Train 13.2 oz. with Beef Strips||
|Gravy Train 13.2 oz. with Lamb and Rice Chunks||
|Gravy Train 22 oz. with Chicken Chunks||
|Gravy Train 22 oz. with Beef Chunks||
|Gravy Train 13.2 oz. with Beef Chunks||
|Gravy Train 13.2 oz. with Chicken Chunks||
|Gravy Train 13.2 oz. Chunks in Gravy Stew||
|Gravy Train 13.2 oz. Chicken, Beef & Liver Medley||
|Gravy Train 13.2 oz. Chunks in Gravy with Beef Chunks||
|Kibbles ‘N Bits 13.2 oz. Burger Bacon Cheese and Turkey Bacon Vegetable Variety 12-Pack||
|Kibbles ‘N Bits 13.2 oz. Beef, Chicken, Vegetable, Meatball Pasta and Turkey Bacon Vegetable Variety Pack||
7910010382 7910048367 7910010378
|Kibbles ‘N Bits 13.2 oz. Beef, Chicken, Vegetable, Burger Bacon Cheese and Beef Vegetable Variety Pack||
7910010380 7910010377 7910010375
|Kibbles ‘N Bits 13.2 oz. Wet Variety Pack||
|Kibbles ‘N Bits 13.2 oz. Chef’s Choice Bistro Tender Cuts with Real Beef & Vegetable in Gravy||
|Kibbles ‘N Bits Chef’s Choice Bistro Tender Cuts with Real Turkey, Bacon & Vegetable in Gravy||
|Kibbles ‘N Bits Chef’s Choice Homestyle Tender Slices with Real Beef, Chicken & Vegetables in Gravy||
|Skippy 13.2 oz. Premium Select Cuts in Gravy with Beef & Bone Marrow||
|Skippy 13.2 oz. Premium Select Cuts with Burgers & Cheese Bits||
|Skippy 13.2 oz. Premium Chunks in Gravy with Smoky Turkey & Bacon||
|Skippy 13.2 oz. Premium Chunks in Gravy with Beef & Chicken||
|Skippy 13.2 oz. Premium Chunks in Gravy 3 in 1 Chicken, Beef & Liver||
|Skippy 13.2 oz. Premium Chunks in Gravy Chunky Stew||
|Skippy 13.2 oz. Premium Strips in Gravy with Chicken||
|Skippy 13.2 oz, Premium Chunks in Gravy with Beef||
|Skippy 13.2 oz. Premium Strips in Gravy with Beef||
|Ol’ Roy 13.2 oz Turkey Bacon Strips||
Why recalled? Due to potential pentobarbital contamination.
- This is a voluntary recall and you can read more about the recall in the Company’s News Release.
What to do?
- If you have purchased any of the above product, and have questions, call the company at 800-828-9980, Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM ET.
- You can also use this page – http://www.bigheartpet.com/Contact/ContactUs.aspx to contact the company with question and concerns.
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus, you will also get access to our newsletter.