Voiced by Amazon Polly
February 9, 2018 – Raws For Paws of Minneapolis, MN is recalling chubs (sealed plastic tubes) of Ground Turkey Pet Food because of potential salmonella contamination. Approximately 4000 pounds of 5 lbs and 1 lb chubs, packaged in regular Turkey Pet Food cases and Pet Food Combo Pack cases, are being recalled by the company.
The products in question were distributed to consumers throughout Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin directly and through online mail orders.
Salmonella can affect animals eating the contaminated products and humans are also at risk when handling the products, especially if you don’t wash your hands thoroughly with soap afterward.
- Raws For Paws of Minneapolis, MN
These are the photos related to the recall:
- Turkey Pet Food case is 10/12/2017
- Combo pack cases are through 10/12/2017 and 2/2/2018
Why recalled? Due to Potential Salmonella Health Risk.
- So far, Two illnesses have been reported due to this recall.
- The contamination was revealed after Minnesota Department of Agriculture(MDA) revealed the presence of salmonella in some packages of Turkey Pet Food.
- The production of these products has been suspended by the company while they are trying to further investigate the source of the contamination.
What to do?
- If you have purchased the recalled products, stop feeding them to your pets.
- If you are not going to return them, trash them immediately in a safe manner (in a trash with a lid so no animals can get to it).
- If you are going to return them, or have any inquiry, contact the company at 612-465-0372.
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever, and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus, you will also get access to our newsletter.