Nestle Purina is voluntarily recalling its select lots of Beneful and Purina Pro Plan wet dog foods due to the insufficient level of recommended vitamins and minerals. The recall was initiated when Purina discovered that the select lots of their products did not contain the recommended level of vitamins and minerals.
Pets can become ill if they lack recommended vitamins and minerals in their diet. Some of early signs of vitamins and minerals deficiency may include decreased appetite, lethargy, vomiting and weight loss.[View All Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
- Nestle Purina
- Beneful Prepared Meals.
- Beneful Chopped Blends.
- Pro Plan Savory Meals brands.
The recall only includes select lots of 10 oz. tubs of wet dog food under the brand names Beneful Prepared Meals, Beneful Chopped Blends and Pro Plan Savory Meals.
Here is a complete list of included products by “Best Before” date and production code ranges:
Note: Click to enlarge the image.
Why recalled? due to insufficient levels of vitamins and minerals.
- This is a voluntary recall initiated by Nestle Purina.
- No other Purina products or sizes are affected by this recall.
- This is initiated as a precaution for those dogs who may have eaten the affected product as their only meal for more than several weeks.
What to do?
- If you are concerned about the health of your pet, you are advised to contact your veterinarian immediately.
- For more information or to request a refund, please call the company at 800-877-7919.
- Even though pets will be sick only if they are deprived of vitamins for a prolonged period of time, You should discard the affected product and not feed it to your pets.
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
About Insufficient levels of vitamins and minerals:
- Pets can become ill if they lack vitamins and minerals for prolonged periods.
- Early signs of vitamin / mineral deficiency may include decreased appetite, lethargy, vomiting and weight loss.
- If treated promptly, mineral and vitamin deficiency can be successfully reversed.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.