Recall of Purina, Del’s, Albers, Home Grown Poultry Feeds Due To Low Vitamin & Mineral Levels.
Company: Purina Animal Nutrition LLC
Here are the products and lot numbers involved in the recall:
Brands: The brands and product names are all listed in the above table.
There are total of 11 products recalled; the names of which are listed in the above table.
Potential for lower-than-expected vitamin and trace mineral levels.
- This is a limited recall of certain poultry feeds initiated by the Purina Animal Nutrition LLC feed plant in Portland, Ore.
- This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- The products were distributed to retailers in Oregon and Washington.
- No customer complaints have been received to date.
- The problem was discovered during the investigation of an ingredient inventory discrepancy.
- The recalled products were packaged in typical brand-specific feed bags. Lot numbers are printed on the sewing strip of each bag. Lot numbers are interpreted as follows:
Example 4APR09RIV1: 4=Year / APR=Month / 09=Day of Month / RIV=Plant Code / 1=Shift code.
What to do?
- Retailers have been contacted and instructed to immediately withdraw from the sale of the recalled product and notify customers who purchased the product.
- Customers should discontinue feeding the product immediately. Customers who purchased this product should return remaining bags to their retailer.
- For more information on the product recall, contact Customer Service at 1-800-245-5333, Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM PDT.
About Inadequate Vitamin & Trace Mineral Levels:
- Inadequate vitamin and trace mineral levels can result in health problems, including mortality, in poultry.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.