Champion Lamb Texturized Feed B30 Recalled due to Higher than allowable copper levels.
Company: PGG/HSC Feed Company LLC
Brands: Champion Lamb Texturized Feed B30
- 50-pound packages of Champion Lamb Texturized feed B30, Lot-88022114M908840, UPC-748252483805
Higher than allowable copper levels.
- This is a voluntary recall by PGG/HSC Feed Company, LLC.
- The product was manufactured in February 2014.
- The product carries the UPC code UPC-748252483805 located in the bottom left corner of a white label attached to a Payback bag with a photo of a lamb.
- Consumption of the affected product may cause potential health risks, including death, in sheep.
- One sheep fatality has been reported potentially in connection with this product.
- The recalled product was distributed to six retail feed dealers in Oregon, Washington and Idaho.
- The potential presence of high copper levels was detected by company sample tests of the product which was manufactured on Feb. 21, 2014, at its Hermiston, Ore., feed mill.
- The company said it has determined the source of the high copper levels and is revising its testing protocol.
- The company has contacted affected dealers and conducted a voluntary recall of unconsumed product which was packaged in 50-pound bags under the Payback® and bore the lot label 88022114M908840.
What to do?
- Check with your supplier for purchase information.
- Consumers who purchased this product and have remaining quantities are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
- Consumers with questions may contact the company at (605) 373-2563 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CDT.
- Information also is available at http://www.paybacknutrition.com.
About High Copper Levels:
- High copper levels may cause potential health risks, including death, in sheep.
- Symptoms of copper toxicity in lambs include lethargy, anemic appearance, excessive teeth grinding, extreme thirst, pale membranes (jaundice) and bloody urine.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.