February 8, 2017 – PetSmart issues a voluntary recall of one production lot of Grreat Choice® Adult Dog Food with Chicken and Rice Classic Ground because of possible metal contamination. Grreat Choice Adult dog food is sold on PetSmart.com, Pet360.com, PetFoodDirect.com and in nationwide PetSmart retail stores.
- The following Grreat Choice dog food sold between Oct. 10, 2016 and Feb. 7, 2017:
- The Best By date is found on the bottom of the can.
Why recalled? As a precautionary measure due to metal contamination that could potentially be a choking hazard to pets.
- No other Grreat Choice products are impacted by this recall.
- The recall was started after receiving notification from the manufacturer of consumer complaints.
- There have not been any reported cases of illness or injury related to this product to date.
What to do?
- Customers who purchased the recalled food should stop feeding it to their pets and bring any remaining cans to their local PetSmart store for a full refund or exchange.
- For more information about the voluntary recall or if customers have any questions, contact PetSmart Customer Service at 1-888-839-9638 between 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. CST.
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.