Lamb Crunchy’s Dog Treats recalled by Pet Center, Inc due to salmonella.
Company: Pet Center, Inc
Brands: Lamb Crunchy’s Dog Treats.
- 3 oz bag of Lamb Crunchy’s dog treats (LAM-003) (UPC# 727348200038) with date code 122015; product of USA.
Why recalled? Potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- This product was distributed to CA, WI, CO, and WA. to the following distributors; Gelson’s Market, General Pet, Nor-Sky Pet Supply, and Independent Pet.
- No illnesses have been reported to date.
- Salmonella was detected by the State of Colorado, Department of Agriculture in a random sample.
- Pet Center, Inc of Los Angeles, CA. is voluntarily recalling this product.
What to do?
- Consumers who have purchased this product are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
- Consumers with questions may contact the company at 800-390-0575 Monday-Friday between 7:30am through 4pm PST.
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.