Nylabone Products (TFH Publications, Inc.) of Neptune, New Jersey is recalling one lot of 1.69 oz. package of the Puppy Starter Kit dog chews, as they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- TFH Publications, Inc./ Nylabone Products
NOTE: Click on the images for a larger view.
- Nylabone Puppy Starter Kit dog chews.
- The recalled product comes in a 1.69 oz. package marked with Lot #21935, UPC 0-18214-81291-3, located on the back of the package, and with an expiration date of 3/22/18 also stamped on the back of the package.
Why recalled? possible Salmonella Contamination.
- In connection with this recall, no illnesses have been reported to date.
- No other products from this company are affected by this announcement yet.
- The contamination was noted after a routine testing by the company which revealed the presence of Salmonella in one lot of the recalled Puppy Starter Kit.
- The recalled Kit consists of one lot of dog chews which were distributed nationwide in U.S, to Canada, and through one domestic online mail order facility.
What to do?
- People who have purchased the recalled packages of the Puppy starter kit which matches the above mentioned affected Lot, UPC and the expiration date should discontinue using this product.
- You may return the unused portion of the product to the place of purchase for a full refund.
- If you have any questions regarding this recall, you may contact the company at 1-877-273-7527, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central time (after hours/weekends covered by third-party poison control center).
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.