Evo ® Dry Cat And Ferret Food recalled by Natura Pet Products due to insufficient levels of vitamins and excess minerals.
Company: Natura Pet Products
- EVO ® Grain Free Turkey & Chicken formula for Cats, kittens.
- EVO ® Grain Free Ferret Food.
Here are the details on the affected products:
|PRODUCT||SIZE||UPC||EXP DATE||LOT CODE|
|EVO® Grain Free Turkey & Chicken Formula dry cat & kitten food||15.4 LB||5148 541400||02/19/2016||4300A700D2|
|EVO® Grain Free Turkey & Chicken Formula dry cat & kitten food||2.2 LB||5148 541402||02/20/2016||4301A700A4|
|EVO® Grain Free Turkey & Chicken Formula dry cat & kitten food||2.2 LB||5148 541402||02/20/2016||4301A700B4|
|EVO® Grain Free Turkey & Chicken Formula dry cat & kitten food||2.2 LB||5148 541402||02/20/2016||4301A700C4|
|EVO® Grain Free Ferret Food||6.6 LB||5148 542101||02/19/2016||4300A700D3|
Why recalled? Due to a formulation error, these products contain insufficient levels of vitamins and excess minerals.
- This recall is voluntarily initiated by Natura Pet Products for pet food produced in its Fremont, Nebraska facility.
- There have been no reports of animal health concerns to date however above mentioned products do not meet the company’s quality standards and should not be consumed by pets.
- The problem was discovered during the investigation of an ingredient inventory discrepancy. Only the above 5 lots are affected. No other EVO® products or lots are affected by this issue.
- These lots were distributed through independent retailers in CA, GA, MI, MN, NV, PA, TX, VT and Canada, as well as online.
- The presence of excess minerals in these products poses no health concern.
What to do?
- The company recommends consumers to immediately stop using the specified products.
- Retailers have been contacted and are instructed to immediately withdraw these lots from store shelves.
- Consumers who purchased the product should discontinue feeding the product immediately and discard as normal household waste.
- The company apologizes for the inconvenience caused by this incident and are taking immeditate corrective actions. So for more information, consumers can reach Natura Consumer Relations at 1-855-206-8297, Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST or visit www.evopet.com.
About insufficient levels of vitamins and excess minerals:
- Pets can become ill if they lack vitamins for prolonged periods.
- Early signs of vitamin deficiency may include decreased appetite, lethargy, vomiting and weight loss.
- If treated promptly, vitamin deficiency can be successfully reversed.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.