December 12, 2015 – PetSmart is issuing a market withdrawal of select lots of Nutro dog treats from MARS Petcare due to mold. This is a voluntary recall initiated by Mars Petcare and PetSmart.
- Mars Petcare & PetSmart
- Nutro CHEWY Treats with Real Apples.
The following product is affected by this recall:
> Nutro CHEWY Treats with Real Apples
> Lot Codes beginning with the following numbers and regardless of the Best By date:
Why recalled? Due to the potential of mold growth.
What to do?
- If you have purchased this product, you are advised to stop feeding it to your pet.
- You can also take this product to the nearest PetSmart for a full refund.
- For any questions about this recall please call Nutro Customer Service at 800-833-5330.
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.