According to a bulletin published on the company’s website, Himalayan Corporation of Mukilteo, WA, has issued a voluntary recall of specific Ruff Roots All-Natural Dog Chews due to potential metal contamination.[View All Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
- Himalayan Corporation dba Himalayan Dog Chew.
- Ruff Roots Dog Chew Toys.
- According to the company’s website and PetSmart, the recall affects a single lot of product sold only at PetSmart and includes the following lot numbers:
- Ruff Root Sprout (Lot# SP001)
- Ruff Root Stump (Lot# ST001)
- Ruff Root Stalk (Lot# SA001)
Why recalled? potential metal contamination.
- This recall affects all lots of the Ruff Roots Dog Chew Toys sold by PetSmart.
- No other Himalayan Corporation products are impacted by this recall.
What to do?
- If you are concerned about your pet’s health after using the recalled product, please contact a veterinarian immediately.
- Consumers are asked to stop using any affected product immediately and take it back to PetSmart store for a full refund.
- If you have any questions about this voluntary recall, please call the Himalayan Corporation at 425-322-4295 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
About potential Metal Contamination:
- Metals also referred as heavy metals that are of great concern include (but not limited to) lead, cadmium, antimony, chromium, mercury and arsenic.
- These metals in higher concentrations can cause illness or death to all living things (humans and dogs included). Signs of metal poisoning depend on the species and the dosage ingested.
- Acute illness is characterized by sudden death, muscle tremors, frothing at the mouth, colic, head pressing, apparent blindness and seizures.
- In sub-acute or chronic illness, there is anorexia, weight loss, depression, dysphagia, vomiting or diarrhea, central nervous system excitation or depression, aggressive behavior, or constipation followed by diarrhea.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.