October 26, 2015 – Halo, Purely for Pets issues a voluntary recall of its Spot’s Stew Sensitive Cat Turkey kibble due to mold. So far no other Halo products are affected and the recalled products have the best by date 09/04/2016 stamped on them.
Company: Halo, Purely For Pets.
Brands: Spot’s Stew Wholesome Turkey Recipe
The recalled product is as follows:
- Product name: Spot’s Stew Wholesome Turkey Recipe Sensitive Formula for Cats
- Sizes: 6 lb. and 3 lb. bags
- UPC Codes: 745158350231 and 745158340232
- Best by Date: 09/04/2016
Why recalled? Due to the potential of mold growth.
- So far no other Halo products are affected and the recalled product has the best by date 09/04/2016 stamped on them.
- Some animals can ingest mold without any problems. Some however can experience digestive problems.
What to do?
- If you have purchased this product, with the matching ‘best by’ date, you should stop feeding it to your cat.
- You can return the product to any Halo retailer for a full refund or exchange.
- If you think your cat is experiencing any digestive issues, you need to consult a veterinarian.
- If you need more information about this recall, you are advised to contact Halo Customer Care at 800-426-4256 Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.halopets.com
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.