February 13, 2017 – The Blue Buffalo Company is voluntarily recalling specific lots of Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe ‘Healthy Weight’ because of potential metal (aluminum) contamination.
Company: Blue Buffalo Company
The recalled product is ‘Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight, Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables’, with the following codes:
- UPC: 8-40243-10017-0
- Best By Date: August 3, 2019
The “Best By” date is on the bottom of the can.
Why recalled? Due to possible aluminum contamination.
- This is a voluntary recall and no other Blue Buffalo products are involved in this recall.
- The company has not received any reports of illness or injury, due to the contamination, to date.
What to do?
- Blue Buffalo mentions that customers are welcome to return the recalled product to local retailer for a full refund. For additional information, call 866-800-2917.
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.