Carnivore Meat Company is voluntarily recalling two batches of Vital Essentials raw frozen dog food due to possible Listeria bacteria contamination.[All Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
Company: Carnivore Meat Company.
- Vital Essentials Raw Frozen Tripe Patties.
- Vital Essentials Raw Frozen Tripe Niblets.
- Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Tripe Patties
Lot # 10930
UPC 33211 00809
Best by date 20160210
- Vital Essentials Frozen Beef Tripe Nibblets
Lot # 10719
UPC 33211 00904
Best by date 12022015
Why recalled? potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- No other products manufactured by Carnivore Meat Company is included in this recall.
- The lot numbers and ‘Best By’ date code are located on the back of each package.
- The company was notified by FDA after the product tested positive for Listeria during a routine check.
- The following states is where the recalled products was distributed:-
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island
What to do?
- Discontinue feeding your pet the recalled product.
- The remaining open package must be disposed in safe manner in a trash where people/ animals in your household cannot get to it.
- Consumers who have purchased the affected products can call 920-370-6542 Monday through Friday 9 AM to 4 PM CT so that a customer representative can help you get a full refund or replacement from your place of purchase.
- If you are a U.S. citizen, you can complain about FDA-regulated pet food by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Alternatively, you can also go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
- If you are a Canadian citizen, you can file a health or safety incidents report related to the use of this recalled product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
- Listeria is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
- Healthy cats and dogs very rarely become sick from Listeria. Animals ill with Listeria will display symptoms similar to the ones listed above for humans.
- People who have concerns about whether their pet has Listeria should contact their veterinarian.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.