May 31, 2016 – Blue Buffalo is voluntarily recalling some batch of their Life Protection Formula Dog Food product due to mold and moisture.
Company: Blue Buffalo Company of Wilton, Connecticut.
Brands: Life Protection Formula Fish and Sweet Potato Recipe.
A single batch of Life Protection Formula Fish and Sweet Potato Recipe for dogs with the following information:
- 30 pound bag
- Best by date: April 11, 2017
- Batch data: AH 2A 12:08-14:00
Why recalled? Due to the excessive moisture and mold.
- Only limited batch of Blue Buffalo products are recalled in this voluntary recall.
- The recall was initiated after a discovery of excessive moisture and mold growth.
- The recall is limited to a single batch which was manufactured during a 2 hour period.
What to do?
- You can get a full refund by returning the affected product to the place of purchase.
- If you have any questions you may call Blue Buffalo Customer Service at 855-201-4331 between 8 am and 5 pm ET, Monday through Friday.
- U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area. Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints
- Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.