Blue Buffalo Company is voluntarily recalling one lot of Cub size Wilderness Wild Chews Bones due to potential salmonella contamination.
Salmonella can affect animals eating the contaminated products and humans are also at risk after handling the products, especially if you don’t wash your hands thoroughly with soap afterwards.[View All Recalls In Reverse Chronological Order]
- Blue Buffalo Company, Ltd of Wilton, CT
Note: Click on the above images for a larger view.
- Cub Size Blue Wilderness Wild Chews Bone
- The recalled product is individually shrink-wrapped in plastic. The UPC number 840243110087 is printed on a sticker stuck to the product. The expiration date November 4, 2017 is printed as “exp 110417” on the shrink-wrap.
Why recalled? possible Salmonella Contamination.
- No illnesses have been reported yet and no other Blue Buffalo products are affected due to this voluntary recall.
- Since November 19, 2015 the recalled products were distributed through PetSmart Stores in following 9 States: California, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
- The presence of Salmonella in the product was revealed after a routine testing in the manufacturing site.
What to do?
- To find out if the product you purchased is recalled or not, match the above UPC code and expiration date to the purchased product package.
- If you have purchased the recalled product you are urged to dispose the product in a trash with a lid, so that other animals can’t get to it.
- You can also return the recalled product to the place of purchase in order to get a full refund.
- If you have any questions you may contact Blue Buffalo at: 888-641-9736 from 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday and the weekend of November 28, 2015, or by email at Bluebuffalo4260@stericycle.com
About Salmonella Bacteria:
- Salmonella can affect animals eating the products.
- There is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, including raw food, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.
- Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms.
- Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
- Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
- If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
FIND OUT WHAT OTHER PET BRANDS MADE THE RECALL LIST:
Don’t ever miss a recall ! Get all the pet food recall alerts delivered to your email as it happens by subscribing to our email notification list. It is FREE to sign up and as a bonus you will also get access to our newsletter.